The PhD to Consulting (PtC) conference is a one day annual event targeted at doctoral and post-doctoral researchers interested in pursuing a career in consulting.
A doctorate nurtures qualities like exceptional problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a drive to achieve outstanding results. Commercial organisations and consulting firms are realising the potential of PhDs, valuing their fresh and thoughtful approach in delivering business insights. However, a number of high calibre researchers are unaware of this opportunity, and find it difficult to locate appropriate resources and guidance to realise a transition from academia to consulting.
The PtC conference provides a platform for discussion and networking for PhD researchers and professionals from top consulting firms. The conference will focus on topics such as:
- Exploring how receptive the UK consulting industry is to PhD students/graduates.
- Determining the scope for PhD recruits in consulting.
- Defining the consulting industry expectations of PhD students/graduates.
- Outlining the skills that PhD recruit should have for a career in consulting and how they may apply.
- Establishing any sector/industry specific demands for PhD students/graduates.
- Analysing typical recruitment and assessment procedures, including case interviews and competencies.